1. In processing personal data collected through this European Citizens’ Initiative, the organisers shall comply with Article 12 of Regulation (EU) No 211/2011 on the citizens’ initiative, Directive 95/46/EC on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data, and on the free movement of such data and the national provisions adopted pursuant thereto.
2. The organisers shall ensure that personal data collected for this citizens’ initiative are not used for any purpose other than their indicated support for this initiative, and shall destroy all statements of support received for that initiative and any copies thereof at the latest one month after submitting the successful initiative to the Commission or 18 months after the date of registration of the proposed citizens’ initiative, whichever is the earlier.
3. Statements of support for this citizens’ initiative and copies thereof may be retained beyond these time limits if necessary for the purpose of legal or administrative proceedings. The organisers and the competent authority shall destroy all statements of support and copies thereof at the latest one week after the date of conclusion of the said proceedings by a final decision.
4. Notwithstanding the above, the organisers are allowed to ask signatories for their contact details separately, provided that data protection legislation is complied with. By submitting his name, country, language and e-mail address to the organizers through this website, the user agrees that these data may be used for the purpose of keeping them informed about the progress, outcome, and follow-up, of this initiative, as well as of similar initiatives conducted both at European and national level.
5. The data collected through this website in conformity to point 4 will be retained by the organisers’ committee until the closing of the initiative, and then transferred to CitizenGo, which may use them to inform about similar initiatives at European or national level. In addition, each set of data will be transferred to one partner organization in the user’s country of residence, which may use it for similar purposes. In any case the user will have the possibility and the right to unsubscribe from those organizations’ mailing lists at any time.